The Hewitt Public Library participates in the state-sponsored Interlibrary Loan (ILL) program. The library will request from another library materials that are not available to its patrons locally. Only print items will be requested. Only patrons in good standing may request titles through ILL.
Request an ILL
- Visit the Texas Group Catalog to find materials at nearby libraries
- Log into the HPL Catalog using a valid library card number and PIN/password
- Select My Account
- Enter material information
- Speak directly with a staff member
- Patrons may have no more than three ILL titles on their account at any given time.
- Patrons are responsible for any charges assessed by the lending library, including postage fees.
- Requested materials must have been published at least one year before they can be borrowed through the ILL program. Newer materials will be considered for purchase by the Hewitt Public Library if they are determined to be of general interest to HPL patrons.
- Items available for ILL are determined by the lending library. Reference, Genealogy, or other special collections may not be available.
Loan Period & Fees
- Loan periods for ILL materials are determined by the lending library. ILL materials may only be renewed with the permission of the lending library. Any requests to renew must be made to HPL staff at least three days prior to the item’s due date.
- Overdue ILL materials will be charged at a rate of $1 per day. There is no grace period for ILL items.
- Lost or damaged ILL items are the patron’s responsibility. Any replacement costs and/or processing fees charged must be made to the lending library in addition to any fines assessed by HPL.
Hewitt Public Library reserves the right to suspend or refuse ILL privileges to patrons who repeatedly accrue ILL-related charges or otherwise abuse the ILL program.