Become a Volunteer
Welcome! Are you looking for a meaningful way to give back to your community? Volunteer opportunities positively impact neighborhoods and public areas, they improve relationships and create connections between community members to increase quality of life for City of Hewitt citizens.
Join City volunteers who assist the City's workforce to enhance services to the public.
Acceptance of volunteers is under the sole discretion of the City of Hewitt. The following is an outline of criteria used when accepting volunteers:
- Volunteers and their assignments must be in conformance with the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
- Volunteers must be at least sixteen (16) years of age or older, unless accompanied by a parent, legal guardian, or designated group/organization leader.
- Volunteers may be requested to undergo a background check based on the volunteer activities of interest. Those volunteers that must undergo a background check will need to complete a volunteer application along with a background authorization form.
- Perform light duties including, but not limited to:
- Shelving and straightening books;
- Assisting with storytimes, activities, and movies;
- Assisting with art projects;
- Preparing crafts and other activities.
- Wear a volunteer lanyard (provided by the library)
- Sign in and out for each shift
- Provide friendly and helpful service to other library patrons
- Call ahead if unavailable for a scheduled shift
How to Get Started
Volunteer opportunities are available as one-time events or short- or long-term opportunities. To get started:
- Review the departments that utilize volunteers by browsing their department homepage. You may contact the department of interest for additional information on current opportunities.
- Check out our events page for upcoming events in Hewitt.
- Complete the City of Hewitt along with a background authorization form and submit it to the Hewitt Public Library. Applications may be submitted Monday - Friday, 8 am to 5pm and are accepted by email, mail, fax, or in person.
Return Applications to:
Hewitt Public Library
200 Patriot Court
Hewitt, TX 76643
The Hewitt Public Library uses a volunteer system called MyImpact. Volunteers may use this system to track hours, clock in and out, sign up for opportunities, and more. To start volunteering with Hewitt Public Library, create a MyImpact profile. Completed volunteer applications may be submitted to profiles for further review.
For any questions regarding the volunteer process, please contact the Hewitt Public Library at 254-666-2442.