Why Choose Hewitt?
Hewitt has been ranked twice by Money Magazine as the “Top 50 Best Places to Live in the United States” and the "Top 10 Best City to Live in Texas". Calling Hewitt home is easy. Families are afforded a high quality of life in a growing community. Hewitt is a safe, quite, and friendly environment, located about five miles south of Waco, where residents enjoy affordable homes, low city taxes, positive community spirit, and superior educational opportunities.
Hewitt is also known as "The City Where Businesses Grow". Hewitt's great quality of life and pro-business environment also makes it a perfect place for a business to call Hewitt home. Hewitt offers:
- Regional advantages with convenient access to Interstate 35
- Well positioned between Dallas, Austin, and Houston
- Community amenities located in and around Hewitt
- Diversified regional economy
- Diverse housing within minutes
- Low cost of living
- Favorable property tax rates