1. Yard of the Month candidates will be judged on the total appearance of their exterior property and front yard as viewed from the street. Criteria for judging will be based on the visual attractiveness, creativity, originality, beautification, and overall maintenance.
2. All City of Hewitt residential properties are automatically eligible to be nominated for Yard of the Month.
3. The upkeep of the yard can reflect the efforts of the residents or that of a professional landscaper or groundskeeper.
4. Winners may be disqualified if their property is in violation of any city ordinances.
5. Winners must be willing to have photos of their yard published on-line at the city’s website and social media.
6. Yards of the Month are awarded on the first week of each calendar month.
1. Registration is FREE!
2. Residents may nominate their own yard or another resident’s yard for Yard of the Month.
3. Nominations begin on the 15th of the month to the end of the month. Winners will be chosen the first week of the month. (See Submission Calendar)
4. Nominations must include a photo of the yard, the address of the residence and the name of the person nominating.
- City of Hewitt “Yard of the Month” sign placed in their yard
- Certificate of recognition and photo on the city website & social media