- City Secretary
- City Elections
The City Secretary is the Chief Election Official and is responsible for the administration of all city elections. The City of Hewitt conducts a general election on the first Saturday in May of each year. There are seven council members. Each council member serves a two-year term.
2023-2024 Hewitt City Council
|Michael S. Bancale||Mayor Pro Tememail@example.com||254.709.3552|
|Johnny Stephens||Council Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org||254.709.3989|
|Johnny Price||Council Memberemail@example.com||254.709.3998|
|Bob Potter||Council Memberfirstname.lastname@example.org||254.709.3666|
|Erica Bruce||Council Memberemail@example.com||254.709.4050|
General Election - May 6, 2023
The next General Election for Ward 1, Ward 2, Ward 3, and At-large will be held on May 6, 2023. Candidate packets are available in the City Secretary's Office the first week in January 2023. For more information, contact City Secretary Lydia Lopez at 254-296-5602.
Internet Posting Requirement For Political Subdivisions
May 6, 2023 General Election - Important Dates
|Candidate Packets Available||Tuesday, January 10, 2023|
|First day to file for a place on the ballot||Wednesday, Jan. 18, 2023|
|Last day to file for a place on the ballot||Friday, Feb. 17, 2023|
|Last day to register to vote||Thursday, April 6, 2023|
|First day of early voting||Monday, April 24, 2023|
|Last day to accept an Application for a Ballot by Mail||Tuesday, April 25, 2023|
|Last day of early voting||Tuesday, May 2, 2023|
|Election Day||Saturday, May 6, 2023|
Notice of Deadline to file Application
Notice of Drawing for Place on the Ballot
Notice of Joint General Election 2023
May 4, 2024 - General Election for Wards 1, 2, and 3
eligibility requirements per City Charter (Sec. 2.4)
- Be a United States citizen
- Be a qualified voter of the State of Texas
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Be a resident of the City of Hewitt for a period of one (1) year immediately prior to the election
- Be a resident of the ward for at least six (6) months prior to filing for office and remain a resident of that ward during his or her term of office
- A member ceasing to possess any of the qualifications specified in this section or any other section of this charter, or convicted of a felony while in office, shall immediately forfeit his office.
- No member of the council shall hold any other elected public office.
Per Election Code Sec. 141.001(a)
- Citizen of the United States
- 18 years old
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment in court
- No felony convictions
- Resided in the state continuously for the previous 12 months
- Must satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for this office
For past election history, view the City of Hewitt Election Register.