VolunTeens Duties & Rules
Please read this carefully. If you have any questions, please ask one of the librarians for assistance. All volunteers must be at least 16 years of age.
- To work three to seven hours a week, but no more than four hours per day
- To perform light librarian duties, including but not limited to:
- Shelve books and straighten bookshelves
- Help with story time, activities, and movie days
- Assist with art projects such as cutting, gluing, etc.
- Carry out additional tasks assigned by a librarian
- All Volunteens are expected to wear a name tag (provided by the library)
- You are expected to call in advance if you cannot work the time or day that you are scheduled, and to schedule special days off in advance
- All Volunteens must sign in and out every time they work
- All Volunteens are expected to be friendly and helpful to all patrons
- Our Volunteens are not expected to know everything. If they don’t know the answer or procedure, ask a librarian
- Only Volunteens are allowed in the workroom and behind circulation desk (no friends, etc.)
- All personal calls must be taken in the workroom and limited to five minutes
- Cell phones may only be used in workroom
- Only when scheduled to work can a Volunteen be behind circulation desk or in the workroom.